By Noleen Sliney
Just because you’ve got a million and two things to do this holiday season, it doesn’t mean you still can’t take some time for yourself to look and feel fabulous. These 3 tips are so easy and they less than 3 minutes to do. And in fact, these tips can be also be incorporated into your everyday routine going forward. So let’s get started.
Even if you’re a makeup beginner or if you think you’re no good at applying eyeshadow, you’ll feel like a makeup pro once you try these. Cream Eyeshadows are so super simple to use, as they’re just so easy to apply. And it literally takes seconds to apply them. I don’t think I could love cream eyeshadows more if I tried!
How to apply Cream Eyeshadow:
You can apply these either using a cream eyeshadow brush or even better, with your fingers. I actually prefer to apply them with my finger, as the heat from my fingers helps to blend the product even more.
Using your ring finger, apply your shade of choice all over your eyelid and just a little above your crease. You only need a very small amount at first, but you can apply more if you’d like the colour to look a little more intense. Make sure there are no harsh lines around the crease. So be sure to concentrate most of the product around your eyelid and blend the product just a bit more around the crease area.
Time taken to apply: approx 30 seconds for both eyes
My Favourites: These cream eyeshadows are velvety soft, which makes them really easy to apply. Yet they’re very long wearing. These natural eyeshadows are free from parabens and toxic ingredients and have not been tested on animals. You literally need a very small amount of them, so they’ll last a very long time.
I’ve given you a few shade suggestions below that are suitable for everyone and that will really enhance your eye colour.
No look would be complete without some mascara. Applying even just 1 coat of mascara will really open up your eyes and make you look instantly fresh and awake. Once you’ve applied your cream eyeshadow, apply 1-2 coats of mascara
How to apply:
Start at the base of your lashes, and work your way towards the ends of your lashes. Apply to your lashes using a sort of ‘wiggle’, or side to side motion. In other words, don’t just apply it in one, long stroke from base to ends. By applying it in this side to side motion, it will prevent any clumps from forming. The easiest way to apply mascara to your top lashes is to look down into a mirror. That way, you can really see the base of your lashes.
3 Tips to make your eyes look even more refreshed and awake
- Applying mascara to your bottom lashes will really open up the eye area even further. It will make your eyes look bigger and it will make you look even more awake. Start by holding a mirror at a slightly angled position and point it downwards. Using the pointed end of the mascara wand, coat each lash individually in a downward position. Make sure not to apply too much mascara to your bottom lashes. First, apply to your top lashes. Then using whatever is left over on your mascara wand, apply to your bottom lashes.
- Use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. This is especially good if you have very straight eyelashes. Even just curling your eyelashes without using mascara will make a difference and begin to open up your eyes and make you look more awake.
- If want more volume in your lashes, concentrate the mascara at the base and middle of your lashes. If you want more length, concentrate the mascara from the middle to the ends of your lashes.
Time taken to apply: approx 30 seconds-1 minute maximum
I adore this fantastic mascara by Dr.Hauschka. It gives my lashes instant volume and makes me look refreshed and awake in seconds. It drys quickly, so there’s less chance of mascara smudges. It’s also clump free, which I love. It’s a 100% natural product, and is free from synthethic fragrances, preservatives, parabens and mineral oils. It’s also not tested on animals. If you prefer a smaller mascara wand, choose the regular Dr.Hauschka Mascara. If you prefer a large wand, choose the Dr.Hauschka Volume Mascara.
A gorgeous lip colour
A lipstick or lipgloss in a gorgeous shade that really flatters and enhances your face will finish the look off beautifully. Choose from lipstick, lipgloss or a tinted lipbalm. I know a lot of you will probably choose a nude or neutral shade of lip colour, which is of course, totally fine. However, as it’s Christmas, it’s a great time to try something a bit different. Nude lip tones are great, but if the shade is very pale, it can often make your complexion look even paler and ill. So today, I’m going to give you some alternatives to nude shades that are still super quick and easy to apply and that will look so beautiful this Christmas. Plus you’ll receive a ton of compliments from everyone on how well you look, as well as your gorgeous gifts.
Alternatives to Nude Lip Colour
One colour that is universally flattering and perfect for this time of year is red. Now, I know some of you may be thinking there’s no way you would ever wear red lipstick. Or that it’s way too much work. But there are other, simplier ways to incorporate red lips into your super quick and easy Christmas look.
You don’t need to go for all out red lips if you don’t want to. Just a hint of colour is also a beautiful look, and it literally takes seconds to apply.
3 Very Simple Ways To Rock a Red Lip
1. Dab a small amount of lipstick onto your lips with your finger. This will give just a hint of colour to your lips and you can decide how intense you want the colour to look. This method is so easy and takes about 3-5 seconds to do. The other advantange is, you don’t have to worry about applying the lipstick ‚perfectly’. That’s not what you’re going for here. You just want a little hint of colour on your lips. Think of that beautiful ‚bitten lip’ look and you’ll get an idea of what I mean here. So natural and so beautiful.
2. Apply the lipcolour with a lip brush instead of applying it directly from the lipstick bullet. In fact, I apply all lipstick colours using this method. This way, you have much more control over how much lipstick is placed on your lips, and how much colour. This trick is especially good if, like me, you have smaller lips. This is a much easier way to apply lipstick. And perfect if you want a more natural look but still with some colour.
3. Mix a shade of red lipstick with a nude shade of lipstick to make a medium shade. This is one of my favourite tricks for when I still want some colour on my lips, but in a more muted shade. The great thing about doing this is that you can also make your very own shade of lipstick that’s exclusive only to you, as you get to decide how much of each shade you mix together. It’s like art class, but with makeup. ☺
These lipsticks are my go to lipstick for every day and for every type of event. They’re long lasting, yet they still make my lips feel hydrated, which is not often the case with long lasting lipsticks. They don’t feel heavy on my lips either, which is something I often find with other lipsticks. These natural lipsticks are free from parabens, gluten, fragrance and latex. They’re also suitable for vegans, as they don’t contain any ingredients that are sourced from animals. I’ve listed some colour suggestions below that are suitable for most skin tones. But please feel free to contact me if you’d like me to recommend a shade that’s perfect for your skin tone.
Tips for Longer Lasting Lipstick
If you do want a true red lip, but you’re wondering if it means you’ll have to continually reapply your lipstick, don’t worry, as I’ve got a great tip for you that really works. Check out the below video tutorial on how to make lipstick last longer on your lips. This is a super easy method that takes a few seconds to do. I use it all the time on both myself and my clients, especially for weddings and events, where lipstick needs to last as long as possible. This method works for all shades of lipstick, not just red or darker colours. You can watch the tutorial here http://bit.ly/2giTIb7.
For the Lipbalm Lover that loves some Glamour
If you don’t like the feel of lipstick or lipgloss on your lips, then Tinted lip balms are going to become your new BFF. They still do the same job of caring for your lips like a regular lip balm does. But as they’re tinted, they also add a touch of glamour to your lips. If you’re looking for an intense look, then these are probably not for you, as they tend to be more on the sheer side. But if you like a natural look with a hint of glamour, then these are perfect for you.
I’m in love with this really adorable tinted lipbalms. They make my lips feel so hydrated. And they make my lips look beautiful. They add a subtle hint of colour to my lips, which makes my entire face look refreshed and radiant. They contain 5 essentials oils, and are free from parabens, synthetic ingredients and animal testing.
I really hope you enjoyed these 3 simple tips and they’re helpful for you. They really are so quick and easy to do. And even if the kids and in-laws are driving you crazy this Christmas, at least you’ll look gorgeous and glam! ☺ I hope you have an amazing Christmas and that you take some time for some well deserved self-care. I wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas time and a very Happy New Year.
Noleen Sliney is a Makeup Artist & Green Beauty Blogger who’s passionate about showing women how to enhance their natural beauty so that they’ll not only look fabulous but so they’ll also FEEL fabulous and full of self-confidence every single day. And how to easily make the switch to natural and organic beauty products. She doesn’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to beauty. And in her virtual Personalised 1 to 1 Makeup Lessons, she helps her clients to find the exact products and techniques that are perfect for their face shape and skin type so that they never again have to waste money on products that aren’t suitable for them. You can find out more about Noleen and her work at https://www.noleenslineymakeup.com/.